Friday, February 19, 2010

Canon 50D

Finally, I was able to get my own camera. I got a Canon 50D, it is so different than the xsi I was sharing with my friend. It is bigger, has faster fps, and much more. It just has so many more options and settings than the xsi did. I got it about a week or so ago and am still getting used to it. I have just been messing around with it and trying out the many settings that it has.


I got the camera in a package with 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 lens. The lens is just a standard zoom lens but works pretty well. It is a better lens than the other two that I had with the xsi. It is also a lot bigger and I haven't really gotten used to the size of it. Everything that I had with the xsi was smaller scale stuff but still worked just as well. I haven't really gotten over how much bigger this camera is. I know that it sounds a little weird but I haven't really had the opportunity to use more advanced equipment. Its a ton different but I'm liking it a lot so far!

I haven't taken too many photos with it so far because I'm trying to get a bag to keep it in so it won't get all busted up. But I have gotten some good stuff! These are a combination of around Piedmont and Tahoe Photos.......


I got the camera on the drive up to Tahoe, perfect timing. So I was able to use it a ton up there. The weather was ok, there were only a couple clear days, otherwise it was cloudy, foggy, or hazy.





This is a view of Mt. Tallac with a crescent moon around 5:45pm or so, 1/3sec, f/9.0 at 320 iso.




This was around 5:00pm, another view of Mt. Tallac, 1/640sec, f/18 at 100 iso. I thought the clouds looked really cool with the Sun reflecting off them.



These ones are just around Piedmont. I am really interested in flowers and up close kind of things with flowers.....




This is a plum tree in bloom in my backyard. Al the trees in Piedmont are starting to bloom showing spring is just around the corner. 1/100sec, f/5.6 at 100 iso.




It was a dark, cloudy day when I took this picture so I completely blacked out the background. This one is my favorite, it just turned out really smooth. 1/200sec, f/6.3 100 iso.



Well those have been my favorite so far. There will be plenty more to come in the very near future. If you have any advice or feedback on the shots that would be great. I just got the camera and any help is greatly appreciated and much needed!



-Kellan

2 comments:

  1. You've got some pretty clean stuff up already, man. Keep shooting! Really nice flower shots. I'm glad you're liking your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is so beautiful as usual kellan
    especially the flowers, as a girl i have to be a sucker for them :)

    ReplyDelete