Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Studio compilation

Well I haven't ever posted any of my studio work before so here are a bunch of different shoots that I have done.....


I have done so many with friends and family that there is just so much work that I haven't ever gotten around to posting. I'll start of with Winterball and end with just a regular practice shoot. My friend and I got hired to do portraits at Winterball back in January. We didn't have any studio equipment and barely knew how to do any portraiture work. It turned out very well considering we had never touched any studio equipment before. With the help of a neighbor and Jessica, we pulled it off. My neighbor had worked doing portraits with Sears and Jessica had done a bunch of studio work with Amos, so she knew everything better that we did.



Unfortunately I lost all of the first portrait shots but here are a couple from Winterball.......






The first one was a little bright but it looked good, all of them turned out great though.



I do so many shoots so I'm only putting up the best. I did one with my sister a while back which turned out very well. I really like doing close ups on people's faces. It makes the shot have some feeling and emotion. I've gotten pretty good with doing those kind of shots.....




This is my sister, I tried to get a solid black background. This is when we had only the muslin black and grey background. Its really cool to get half of the face totally dark and the other half lit very softly.



This is one of the more recent shoots I have done. I had just gotten the solid black and white backdrops and a new backdrop stand. I had a friend come over so I could experiment with the new equipment. I didn't have time to use the solid white one so all of these shots are just with the black backdrop.

During this shoot I tried to focus on highlighting a part of the face but having it blend into the rest of the face. Just like the Sun, i guess i could put it that way.


Tried to do the same thing.

This one is just a regular head shot. This one is also by far my favorite.

it is really nice to have the solid backgrounds, it makes it so you don't have to worry about completely taking out the background, as in setting up the lighting a certain way. Sooooo much easier.

These are all of my favorites but more are to come soon....

Please, any comments or advice are a huge help to me and my work.

-Kellan

2 comments:

  1. Your work is really improving, man. Keep it up! I think you really have an eye for portraiture. I'd really like to sit down with you one of these days and show you some more lighting techniques and some portrait retouching in photoshop.

    Keep it up! SInce I first saw your work literally just a few moths ago, it's improved exponentially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. embarasssssssssssingMarch 17, 2010 at 9:53 PM

    am i reallllly that ugly?
    jesus christ those are unattractive
    i took much better ones today after track, after i vaulted shitty on my mac pahahahaha
    fail on my part :)
    -n00b modellll

    ReplyDelete