Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Crab Apple

Alright......, so I haven't posted anything in a long while. So I am going to have a bunch of small posts on all of the different pictures I have taken over the last couple of weeks.





This post is on a Crab Apple Tree that is right across the street from my house. It is now spring and all of the plants and trees are in bloom. I walked out of my house one morning on my way to get a bagel and some tea, and this tree just caught my eye. It was a rather cloudy morning but there was a break in the clouds. I ran in and got my camera and this is what I got.........



I especially love flowers and plants. Especially really close up so you can see all of the details. I don't have a macro lens so i just make do with the ones that I have. They work really well for me right now, but I am slowly starting to acquire new and much more advanced equipment. Its a big change from what I used to shoot with, I'm still trying to get used to it.





Anyways back to the Crab Apples, this tree is a huge tree and I only really focused on one part. Just one little branch and then I tried some stuff that was a little higher up. The tree was up on a ledge, and I couldn't get too close to it so I tried my best to zoom in and get wide angle shots. They turned out really well. These are five of 400 shots that I took. They are the best, of course.
















One of the things that I'm not sure whether I can change or try and overcome is when you focus on a subject up close and you can only get a small part of the subject to be clear and in focus. I really noticed it in these shots for some reason. I guess I just never really noticed it that much before............



This is one of my favorites.


Well that's all for this post, I'll try to get a bunch of stuff up in the next week or so. I just have so much to go through, and look at. Anybody with comments or advice please post them, everything helps!


-Kellan

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, buddy. You're focal plane narrows when you're shooting macro. Keep that in mind. A way to work around that is to use a tripod and use a higher f-stop. And why did you have to 'run in and grab your camera'? It should be strapped to you at all times! ;-)

    ReplyDelete